Peace Lily Planting Tips
1) Repotting Peace Lilies: When it comes to peace lilies, they are not easy plants to grow.
They require regular watering. If you don’t water them regularly, then you will have problems with their roots rotting or even dying off completely. You need to keep your peace lily’s soil moist at all times.
2) Watering Peace Lilies: Peace lily needs constant watering.
They need to be watered once every two weeks during the summer months and once every three months during the winter season. For peace lily plants, you need to give them plenty of water. Do not overwater them because this may cause root rot which could lead to death within a few years time.
3) Propagating Peace Lilies: Peace lily plants do best when they are planted out in the open air.
They prefer full sun so make sure that you provide ample sunlight for them. If you want to propagate peace lily, then you need to cutt the plant back into individual branches before planting it out. Then just wait until spring and transplant each branch one by one into a pot filled with well drained soil. Just keep the soil moist and within a few years time, you should have a sizable peace lily plant.
4) Choosing A Location: When it comes to choosing a location for the peace lily plant, you will need to make sure that you put it somewhere that has plenty of light.
They need at least 6 hours of direct sunlight and they also prefer to be somewhat close to a heat source such as a radiator.
5) Fertilizing Peace Lilies: When it comes to peace lily plants, they don’t need to be fed that much.
You should only give them a small dose of general purpose fertilizer in the early spring and again in the early fall. Do not overfeed your peace lily plants, this is especially true for peace lily plants that are growing in pots or containers. It is much better to give them small doses of fertilizer more frequently than to give them a large quantity once every few months.
Peace lily plants are beautiful plants that have become very popular in the last few years simply because they are so easy to take care of and so beautiful. If you want to grow peace lily plants inside your home, then all you really need is a bright location such as an open window. They don’t need much attention and they grow very well indoors.
If you have any questions regarding the growing care of peace lily plants, just post your question at the Garden Care website. Our friendly experts will be glad to help you with any questions that you may have.