Eating ground ivy (Ivy) is one of the most common plants in our environment. However, it can cause some health problems if not properly cared for. There are many different types of eating ground ivy. Some varieties grow up to three feet tall while others only reach two or even less than one foot high. They all have similar characteristics. These include small leaves with white or pink petals, dark green stems, and purple spots on their undersides.

The plant grows from the soil like any other grass but it tends to spread out when it reaches a certain height so that its roots don’t get buried under the surface of the ground. When these plants reach maturity they begin to curl themselves into tight spiraling coils which resemble little snakes.

These snakes then coil around trees and shrubs until they eventually become tangled around them. The vines will continue to grow and twist until they finally form a ball at the top of the tree or bush. At this point, the plant begins to produce tiny seeds called berries. These seeds are very hard to crack open because they contain a strong toxin that causes severe pain when eaten. These berries are white or sometimes a light shade of pink. Their stems resemble little spines.

Eating ground ivy is not poisonous, but it does cause some minor side effects if used in large quantities. Some people experience allergic reactions from eating the berries, as well as the leaves and vines.

In fact, these allergies can be very dangerous if left untreated. In many cases, people who eat the berries throw up soon after.

Sources & references used in this article:

Edible and medicinal plants of the West by GL Tilford – 1997 – books.google.com

Delicate Edible Birds: And Other Stories by C Varner – 2020 – Heritage House Publishing Co

Eating Words: A Norton Anthology of Food Writing by L Groff – 2011 – books.google.com

Categories:

Tags:

Comments are closed