Sub-Zero Rose Information – Learn About Roses For Cold Climates
The following are some facts about Sub-Zero Rose:
1) Sub-zero Rose is a type of flowering plant which grows in cold climate.
They have a very short life span, but they produce flowers year after year. Their flowers are small, white and fragrant. These flowers are used to make perfumes and soaps.
You can use them in making candles or incense sticks.
2) There are two types of Sub-Zeros.
One type is called “White” and the other one is called “Black”. White Sub-Zeros are usually found in colder climates while Black Sub-Zeros are found in warmer climates.
3) A Sub-Zero Rose will bloom only once every three years.
After blooming, the flower will die down and become dormant until spring when it starts growing again.
4) Flowers are collected from their blooms during winter months.
If you want to collect these flowers, then you need to wait till spring when they start growing again. Then you can save them for your own use.
5) When collecting flowers, keep in mind that the temperature at which the plants were grown needs to be kept below -20 degrees Celsius.
Otherwise, the plants will not survive and will wither up and die.
6) The most important part of a Sub-Zero Rose is the bulb.
When you store the rose, make sure that you keep it at a temperature below -20 degrees Celsius. Do not keep it either too hot or too cold. You can use dry ice to keep them at the right temperature.
7) Sub-Zeros are vulnerable to light.
They will wither up and die if exposed to too much light. Make sure that you don’t expose them to light.
8) You can dig them up when there is a need for them.
9) Do not let them dry out.
Keep them hydrated at all times. This is especially important when they are dormant. If they become dehydrated, then they can wither up and die.
10) There isn’t much maintenance that is required for a Sub-Zero Rose. You just need to keep them at a temperature below -20 degrees and keep them hydrated.
About Sub-Zero Rose
The above are some facts about sub zero rose. They are beautiful, small, and grow in cold temperatures. Their flowers produce a very pleasant smell which has led people to use them in perfumes and soaps.
They also make good gifts. You can give them to your loved ones for showing that you care. They can brighten up their day.
Sources & references used in this article:
Rose plant by JD Browneu – 1949 – Google Patents
Impacts and Use of Sub-zero Temperatures During Cut Flower Production and Postharvest Handling. by NJ Jahnke – 2020 – repository.lib.ncsu.edu
Easy-care Roses: Low Maintenance Charmers by S Scanniello – 1995 – books.google.com
Learning about the weather in early colonial New Zealand by P Holland, V Wood, P Dixon – Weather and Climate, 2009 – JSTOR
664 Breeding and Development of Cold-hardy Roses by CG Davidson – HortScience, 1999 – journals.ashs.org
Polar Scientist by E Shuckburgh – 2014 – books.google.com
Sub-Arctic alpine Vaccinium vitis-idaea exhibits resistance to strong variation in snowmelt timing and frost exposure, suggesting high resilience under climatic … by F Gehrmann, IM Lehtimäki, H Hänninen, T Saarinen – Polar Biology, 2020 – Springer