Lemon Verbena Benefits:
1) Lemon Verbena Is A Good Alternative To Lemon Or Lime Juice For Skin Care Products (Like Sunscreens)
2) Lighter Than Other Herbs, It Has Less Of An Antiseptic Effect On Your Skin
3) It Can Be Used In More Recipes That Require High Heat
4) Its Leaves Are Excellent For Making Tea With. You May Use Them In Any Recipe Where Tea Is Required.
5) Lemon Verbena Is Great For Treating Certain Health Problems Like Psoriasis, Eczema, Dandruff & Hair Loss.
Medicinal Uses For Verbena:
1) It Is One Of The Best Remedies For Acne Type II And III.
It Contains Vitamin C And Beta Carotene.
2) It Can Help To Prevent Heart Disease By Lowering Cholesterol Levels And Improving Blood Vessels.
3) It Is Effective Against Certain Types Of Cancer Including Lung, Liver, Colorectal, Ovarian And Pancreatic.
4) It Helps To Fight Colds And Flu Symptoms.
It Also Kills The Virus Influenza Virus.
Medicinal Uses For Lemon Verbena:
1) Lemon Verbena Provides A Natural Anti-Inflammatory Effect On Skin When Applied Topically.
2) It Has A Clean Fresh Scent That Is Great For Treating Sleep Disorders, Reducing Stress And Anxiety.
3) It Can Calm Muscle Spasms, Headaches And Stomach Cramps.
4) It Is Also Good For Treating Certain Types Of Heartburn And Cramping Due To Digestive Disorders.
5) It Helps To Reduce Water Retention And Bloating In The Stomach.
6) It Has Aromatic And Antispasmodic Properties.
7) It Is Also Good For Treating Nausea, Diarrhea, Excessive Salivation, Vertigo And More.
Blue Vervain, Native To North America, Was Typically Used As A Pain Reliever By Native Americans. The Root Was Used Internally To Relieve Menstrual Cramps, Toothaches And Headaches. It Was Also Used Externally As A Liniment For Muscle Stiffness, Soreness And Arthritis.
Blue Vervain Contains Antioxidants That Help Your Body Deal With Free Radicals. It Also Has Anti-Inflammatory Qualities And May Be Able To Treat Skin Diseases Such As Dermatitis.
Blue Vervain Is Also Great For Improving Vision. It Can Help With Age Related Blindness, Glaucoma And Cataracts.
Blue Vervain Is Also Used As A Digestive Aid. It Can Prevent And Relieve Stomach Cramps, Gas And Indigestion.
Lemon Verbena, Native To South America And Mexico, Was Used Traditionally By The Aztecs And Mayans To Treat Digestive Disorders, Vomiting And Infections. It Was Also Commonly Used In Ritual Teas To Enhance Psychic Abilities And Spiritual Awareness.
Verbena Contains Antioxidants That Help Your Body Deal With Free Radicals And Can Prevent The Damage They Cause. It Is Also Anti-Inflammatory And May Be Able To Treat Skin Diseases Such As Dermatitis.
You May Also Like To Read:
Natural Skin Care With Essential Oils Part 1
Natural Skin Care With Essential Oils Part 2
Natural Skin Care With Natural Oils Part 3
Essential Oils For Acne
Natural Skincare With Essential Oils Part 5
Natural Skincare With Essential Oils Part 6
What Are Essential Oils Good For?
Sources & references used in this article:
Ecology, cognition, and cultural transmission of Tzeltal Maya medicinal plant knowledge by DG Casagrande – 2002 – lehigh.edu
Between medicine, magic, and religion: Wonder drugs in German medico-pharmaceutical treatises of the thirteenth to the sixteenth centuries by FB Brévart – Speculum, 2008 – journals.uchicago.edu
Lemon Herbs: How to Grow and Use 18 Great Plants by ES Platt – 2001 – books.google.com
The Aromatherapy Companion: Medicinal Uses/Ayurvedic Healing/Body-Care Blends/Perfumes & Scents/Emotional Health & Well-Being by VH Edwards – 2015 – books.google.com
Ethnopharmacobotanical remarks on the province of Chieti town (Abruzzo, Central Italy) by ML Leporatti, L Corradi – Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2001 – Elsevier
Ethnobotanical appraisal and medicinal use of plants in Patriata, New Murree, evidence from Pakistan by E Ahmed, M Arshad, A Saboor, R Qureshi… – Journal of Ethnobiology …, 2013 – Springer
Medicinal and local food plants in the south of Alava (Basque Country, Spain) by R Alarcόn, M Pardo-de-Santayana, C Priestley… – Journal of …, 2015 – Elsevier